Coja leather has properties, which make it superior to other upholstery materials. Consider the following:
- Coja leather outlasts fabric four to one, it has a useful life up to 20 years.
- Coja leather is fire resistant and emits no toxic fumes, even when exposed to intense heat.
- Coja leather does not crack or peel.
- Coja leather does not become tacky or sticky.
- Coja leather retains its shape without sagging (natural stretching will occur).
- Coja leather "breathes", assumes body temperature rapidly and is instantaneously comfortable, making it cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
- Coja leather is very durable.
- Coja leather is practical and ideal for busy lifestyles.
- Coja leather ages well. It will not wear like fabric covers. Instead, fine Coja leather acquires a patina, and may become more supple with age.
- Coja leather has over 100 specialty leathers.
- Coja leather tanneries use closed-water systems and private water treatment plants to prevent pollution of surrounding water supplies.
- Coja leather recycles all of its leather scraps for use in small leather goods.